One of the major issue which the users of HP Laptops face are when the USB Ports on their devices are not functioning. This is a malfunction which several users come across while using HP Laptops. When you come across this issue, your laptop would not be able to recognize the hardware that is connected using the USB port. This is an issue which can easily be rectified by the users. The user can understand this issue in detail by going through this blog, and they also have the option of connecting with HP Laptop customer support where they would get all the assistance that is required.
Effective ways to solve the issue of USB ports not working on HP Laptop
There are multiple ways in which the users can solve the issue of their USB ports not working. The different ways which the users can take up to solve this issue are as given below:
- Remove all Co-related USB devices and then recharge the battery of your Laptop.
- Try and incorporate some changes in the power management of all USB root hubs.
- Update the USB drivers for all USB devices.
Remove all USB devices connecting and then re-seat your battery
The issue of USB ports not working on the HP laptop takes place due to various reasons or even because of certain changes in the peripherals. The users can rearrange it to recover from the technical error. The steps that you can take up for this are:
- Remove all the USB devices which are connected to the USB Ports of your Laptop.
- Now turn off your laptop and then unplug the power cord.
- Further, you would have to remove the battery from the laptop.
- Wait for around 10 minutes before you reset the battery back in the laptop.
- Now you can reinsert the USB devices and then recharge your battery.
- After that, you can boot your PC and then check if the USB devices are functioning properly.
Rework the power management settings in the USB root hubs
Another effective way that the users can take up to solve the issues they are facing on HP laptops is to tweak the settings of the USB root hub device. The steps that you would have to shadow are:
- Using the Windows + R button, access the run window.
- Now enter devmgmt.msc in the search box and hit search.
- You can now double click on the Universal serial bus controller and then move to the USB root hub.
- Further check marks the box which is labeled to allow the computer to turn off devices to save power.
- You would have to repeat these steps for all the USB root hubs on your device manager.
- Once you have done these steps, connect the USB device, and then check if the ports are working accurately.
Update the USB drivers of all the USB devices
Updating the USB drivers are important not to encounter any malfunctioning while using the HP laptop. The steps that you would have to trail are as given.
- You would have to first download and install Driver Easy on your laptop.
- Now operate the Driver Easy and opt to scan the system.
- Further, you can easily click on the pro version and it would update all drivers automatically.
- Once the update is complete, restart the laptop and examine all the USB ports whether they are functioning or not.
If you are unable to solve the problem of your USB ports not functioning, then the alternative option that you would have is to connect with HP Laptop support number. The professional there would efficiently understand your issue first and then provide you with the best possible solutions.